Ridgeway Senior Manager honoured for services to veterinary science
We’re delighted to share with you the news with you that one of our Senior Managers, Peter Holdsworth, was honoured in the 2016 Australia Day Honours List. Peter was awarded ‘Officer in the Order of Australia (AO)’ for his distinguished service to veterinary science, particularly to animal parasitology, pharmaceutical development and to professional scientific organizations.
Peter holds a Doctor of Philosophy in parasitology from Queensland University in Australia and is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
His service includes:
- President, World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology, since 2011.
- Director, International Federation of Animal Health, since 2005-2013.
- Inaugural Chief Executive Officer, Animal Medicines Australia, 2006-2013.
- President, Australian Society of Parasitology, 2008-2013.
- Instrumental in development of international veterinary medicine efficacy guidelines for compounds that target parasites in or on animals.
- Research Manager, Ridgeway Research (United Kingdom), since 2014.
- President, World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (WAAVP), since 2011.
- Member, Steering Committee, Veterinary International Cooperation on Harmonisation, 1998- 2013.
- Australia and New Zealand Council for the Care of Animals in Research and Teaching, 1998- 2013.
- Member, Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Industry Consultation Group on COAG Review of Hazardous Materials, prior to 2013.
- Member of Attorney General’s National Industry Reference Group on Chemicals of Security Concern, prior to 2013.
- Member, Food Chain Assurance Advisory Group, Department of Agriculture, prior to 2013.
- Member, Meat, Dairy and Aquaculture Sector Advisory Committee, CSIRO, 1998-2001.
- Member, Australian and Quarantine Inspection Service Biological Industry Consultative Group, ‘no dates’.
- Member, Australian Wool Residues Management Council, 1998-2005.
This isn’t the only award Peter has received. He was also appointed a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (2009) in the Queen Elizabeth II Birthday Honours List, received the World Association of the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (WAAVP) Bayer Healthcare Award for Excellence in Services to Veterinary Parasitology in 2007 and received the inaugural Animal Pharm Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006.
Congratulations Peter, from all the team at Ridgeway. We’re very proud of you.
For more information about Peter’s award and the Australia Day Honours List please visit https://www.gg.gov.au/australia-day-2016-honours-lists.