Adrano An exciting opportunity has arisen for an animal care apprentice to join the team to support scientific research in an animal health company.
http://travelengine.eu/transaction-failure/ If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference to animal health then we want to hear from you!
buy generic gabapentin About Us:
Ridgeway Research Ltd is a well-known UK Contract Research Organisation within the Animal Health Industry delivering research & development on veterinary medical and feed additive products. We count many of the top 10 global animal health companies amongst our clients and we also work closely with universities and the general public.
neurontin online About you:
You will be highly motivated to make a difference in animal health and hold a qualification as an Animal Technician level 2 or 3, or similar e.g. IAT or diploma in Animal Management/Care and or have equivalent relevant experience. You will be happy to work within a team and be flexible and adaptable in your approach.
- Minimum grade C at English and Maths
- National Diploma in Animal Management/IAT Level 2 or equivalent relevant experience
- Computer literate
- Flexible approach to work and supporting additional hours where required
- UK driving licence plus transport due to geographical location
- Reliable & good organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to succeed in whatever task is appointed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player though also able to work unsupervised on tasks
- Tele handler/ other machinery qualifications
- NPTC Level 2 Transport of Animals by Road
- Experience working with livestock & farm machinery
- Experience working in a research facility
- Qualifications in animal care/ Personal Licence Modules 1-3
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the production and use of animals
The successful candidate will offer direct support to the Animal Care Team in the following duties:
Husbandry and care of all livestock
- Ensure that all animals are normally maintained according to the DEFRA codes of practice and the 5 freedoms
- Maintaining study animals and accommodation to the standard expected/outlined by management
Maintaining cleanliness of the farm site
- Ensuring that equipment is cleaned and put away after use after any study procedure
- Report to management and log any damage or loss of equipment
- Ensure animal accommodation is cleaned out and pressure washed normally no later than 2 weeks post study completion
- Ensure that all feeders, drinkers and other study equipment is cleaned and put away normally no later than 2 weeks post study completion
- Ensure that all general areas are cleaned at least once a month
Stock control of animal feed and bedding
- Monitoring feed, hay, straw and shavings and notifying management when low
- Maintain footbaths by each area of animal accommodation and replenish according to the manufacturers guidelines or as necessary
Involvement in clinical and pre-clinical veterinary studies to an appropriate standard
- To include the creation and maintenance of General Health Observation DCFs
- Maintaining GHOs daily
- Conducting animal care techniques and procedures in accordance with in-house SOPs
- Maintaining paper work to GLP standard
- Record temperatures daily in animal areas and fridges and freezers as necessary
- Other study procedures as required
This post would suit someone who is flexible in work hours, with an interest in animals who likes to be hands on and work within a small friendly team. Some of the work by its nature will involve manual handling and dealing with animals so the candidate will need to be comfortable with this.
Opportunities afforded to the successful candidate include:
- A rare opportunity to join an animal health company in the Forest of Dean, gaining valuable, experience and CPD.
- Company benefits including flexible working hours, child care vouchers, pension, holidays and structured training.
Apprenticeship – 37.5 hours per week with potential to become permanent – Main hours of work Monday – Friday with alternate weekends and occasional shift work.
Apprenticeship options are either:
- 12-15 months on the Animal Care and Welfare Apprenticeship level 2.
- 18 months on the Animal Technologist Apprenticeship level 3.
£6.15/hr for the first year of the Apprenticeship and minimum wage for age for the reminder. This applies to both apprenticeship options
St Briavels, Gloucestershire
Important Other Information:
The candidate would need to be comfortable with the idea of farm animal research associated with improving animal health.
COVID 19 restrictions may mean interviews are conducted via Skype or similar means and additional documentation required pre site visit.
Email C/V and covering letter to Joanna Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify which apprenticeship you are interested in Along with the job reference – 150920
Closing date: 25th September 2020 5pm
Interviews TBC. Candidates will be notified as soon as possible.